Friday, January 16, 2009

Playdate


About 2 months ago, myself and 3 other nurses I work with started a playgroup. We meet once a week at one another's homes. Let me just tell you, it is the highlight of this mommy's week! I love being at home with my son, but being stuck in the house with little adult interaction can be a tad isolating, especially in the winter. Our children range from ages 17months-4.5years. There is a buddy of equivalent age for everyone.














It is so exciting to see these little ones becoming friends with one another! They are hilarious! Jack, being a only child, was not quite sure what to think of all this in the beginning. But, now he just jumps right in. The older ones, Zayda and Corbin, say the most out of the blue hysterical things. My favorite quote from yesterdays playdate was from Zayda: "It almost time for me to lose a tooth." Amanda: "Do you have a loose tooth?" Zayda: "No, but I'll be 5 soon and then I'll be 6." Amanda: "Is 6 when you lose your teeth?" Zayda: "Yea."

The real secret behind playdate is the mommy time. That's right, grown women with children actually get to spend time together and talk about anything and everything. All you parents know just how exciting that is. These 3 other moms have become some of my closest friends. They reassure and support my parenting woes, and give me the release we all need. So, thanks to the wonderful friends that I have found through my little sweetheart, Jack. If I could only find a way to justify bringing wine to playdate.













No comments: